ForumCommunity

T-nation intervista Mike Mahler, intervista molto bella e interessante

« Older   Newer »
L33
view post Posted on 4/6/2008, 18:41

T-nation intervista Mike Mahler

intervista molto bella e interessante con un sacco di idee e spunti di riflessione ciao :woot:

enrico68
view post Posted on 5/6/2008, 13:46

In linea di massima mi rispecchio in quello che dice compreso le 5 colonne e di come la pensa sui kettlebells comunque si denota che era devoto all'alta intensita'
Sarei curioso di sapere come collocherebbe lo stacco da terra nelle 5 colonne

bodyblast
view post Posted on 5/6/2008, 15:08

MAHLER č UN GRANDE!

L33
view post Posted on 5/6/2008, 17:07

č veramente un grande!!! :woot:
ecco qui alcuni punti chiave dell'articolo:

TRAINING
- there are five important areas that need to be addressed: strength, cardio, joint mobility/flexibility/balance, nutrition, and restoration.
- there are five areas I like to cover: presses, pulls, hamstrings, quads, and core…that'll cover at least 80% of your needs.
- The other 20% may consist of specialty work to address injuries, such as rotator cuff work
- I like high intensity cardio for efficient fat loss and heart health. An example would be doing twenty 100 yard sprints
- Another area I focus on is joint mobility. This is important before and after each workout and is incredible for anti-aging.
- Five to ten minutes of joint mobility work each day is enough to cover the bases.
- We should also spend some time on restoration. Get a good massage... Meditate for 20 minutes... quality sleep every night.

FUNCTIONAL STRENGHT
- One element of functional strength is strength that carries over to real-world activities
- Another element of functional strength is having strength and conditioning for the activities or sports that you love to do
- Not only strength that carries over directly, but balancedstrength so that you avoid injuries.
- Finally, the most important part of functional strength, is this: It makes you a stronger and tougher person overall.
- Hard training teaches us how to push through when things aren't easy and finish what we start
- When you push through hard workouts and learn the discipline... you have very powerful self-knowledge and skill sets which can help you push through in other important areas of life.
- an example of mental toughness training: Ori Hofmekler has a system called Controlled Fatigue Training where you purposely put yourself in a fatigued state before strength training.
- It's one thing to be strong when everything is perfect. However, what can you do when things are far from ideal?
- Most likely you'll have to apply your strength at times when things aren't perfect.

KETTLEBELLS
- I define a fad as something that's here today and gone tomorrow.
- Kettlebell training is definitely here to stay.
- I see kettlebells everywhere, and a lot of serious athletes and coaches use kettlebells, including Frank Shamrock, Mark Philippi, and Randy Couture.
- However, they don't use kettlebells as a stand-alone tool, but as a great addition to their training systems
- No single training tool can offer everything
- Kettlebells are simply a great training tool to round out a solid training system.

GET BIGGER
- Even today the most successful bodybuilders are very strong.
- Even if you could get really big without getting strong, why the hell would you want to? Why not have it all?
- A lot of people that want to get bigger would do very well on a powerlifting style of training.
- Eat a lot of good food, make sure that 30% or more of your diet comes from good fats to optimize hormone production, sleep well every night to ramp up GH, focus on getting strong on compound exercises, and you'll get bigger.

TRAINING TO FAILURE
- I look at training to failure as training to your limit.
- For example, you do ten reps on the bench press and the tenth rep is really hard and takes everything you have to complete.
- You know you won't get an eleventh rep, so you stop there, rest up, and grow stronger for another day.
- Training to failure shouldn't be avoided like the plague as some recommend, nor is it something that has to be applied at every workout.
- It has its use, and when used properly it can be very beneficial for hypertrophy goals and strength gains.
- I really like Louie Simmons's approach of working on force production one day with fairly light weights and working on maximum effort later in the week.

OVERTRAINING
- People who love to train are more likely to go into a state of overtraining than those who hate to train or those that are indifferent.
- Why? People who love to train are often addicted to the stimulus of training. They look forward to each workout and love everything about training.
- I can see why many coaches don't believe that overtraining exists. Most people have never trained hard enough to be overtrained!
- The average person watches four hours of TV every night and considers walking a form of exercise.
- Yes, overtraining does exist and many people who love to train are often overtrained
- That said, many people take it too far and have an irrational fear of overtraining. If they don't feel perfect and energetic every day, they assume they're overtrained, which is rarely the case.
- One way to avoid overtraining is to do a light week of training for every three weeks of hard training.

Stark84
view post Posted on 3/5/2013, 16:36

per chi non capisse l'inglese c'č in giro una traduzione?

4 replies since 4/6/2008, 18:41   125 views